It may appear very difficult to assemble the ideal web development team that can take a project from the early planning stage to its smooth execution. The cost associated with developing such a team would be enormous and require good coordination between the team members.
The thing with assembling web development is it requires so many different tasks and different time frames that no single person alone can manage the project execution testing & other tasks. That’s why the secret behind any successful completion of a web development task means gathering a team of experts who are each well versed in their own field.
Roles, Skill Set & Talent That Forms a Great Team
A web project manager overlooks the entire project from its inception to taking it online thereof. They coordinate with various stakeholders of a project, lead the team to its execution and prepare status reports.
To ensure quality project completion, a project manager should have extensive experience in website design and the ability to lead all web development initiatives. The determinant of a good project manager is his project’s innovative online presence.
- Determine the website’s desired appearance and functionality
- Ensure smooth coordination between the IT development Team
- Providing Project Estimates
- Developing an optimized & user-friendly interface and doing SEO regularly on it
- Troubleshooting and testing prototypes, as well as monitoring the live deployment of the product
The Web Architect is responsible for planning, designing, testing, implementing, and administering interactive technologies and applications. He/She creates, maintains, and updates websites, mobile, and social media apps. He/She also oversees the overall web architecture and guides the development teams.
A web architect is essentially a product designer which communicates with your customer to ensure the most suitable architecture for your web development
Before web app design or website design is laid out by any developer, it is manifested in layouts and wireframes. To get here thorough research of user experience in order to make sure that the expectations of the target audience are met.
- He regularly sits with product manager and engineers to evaluate user requirements
- He then chalks out his design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and site maps
- Prepare rough drafts for the entire web development team
- Set a strict standard and adhere to it on fonts, colors & images
- Build page navigation button & search fields
- Identifies & troubleshoot user responsiveness issues
A web developer is the backbone of any successful web development. As all web apps have two components: Front end and back end. There is a developer required for each of the two.
- Developing new user interfaces
- Optimize website or application for maximum speed and scalability
- Take Care of the Technical aspect of UI/UX design
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting it to the back-end
A good front-end developer will have knowledge of the upcoming industry trends, newest software languages & programs
A Back-end Developer is an expert who builds and maintains the mechanisms that process data and is responsible for actions on websites. Unlike a front-end developer, who controls everything that is visible on the website, a back-end developer is involved in data storage, security, and other server-side functions that are not visible to the user.
- Performs regular compilation & analysis of data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other stakeholders to form objectives and design more responsive, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Record data and make a report and inform all stakeholders associated with the project.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
Quality & Testing Analyst:
The role of a Quality & Testing Analyst (QA)is to guarantee a satisfying level of quality to each of its clients. It is a supporting role rather than an individual role. A QA extends his support to the software development team and helps them in spotting errors during the early stages; this enables easy correction. Quality assurance is a system intended to demonstrate to agency leadership and the general public that a product or service is up to standards of quality, often set by industry or regulators. It is sometimes called internal control.
Website regular quality & testing analysis include
- Design Testing: To check that the design is meeting the requirements
- Functionality testing: To ensure that all functionalities are met on the site
- Requirement testing: All the requirements associated with the application/website are met
- Compatibility Testing: Use responsive testing tools to ensure your website’s compatibility with various browsers, compatibility with both mobile & desktop
- Security testing: This is the most important role. A QA analyst ensures that the website is safe from any problems with security
Assembling a good team requires that each team member is well versed in their roles & responsibilities. But to have a functioning team it is essential that they have proper communication. At Coding Collective, we help you build a talented, driven & high-performing team that delivers a smooth functioning project with the low cost of maintaining the team. Click here to learn more about building a dream team of developers with our help.